What if the rainbow forbids us from playing its colours........

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Head of the house


2 weeks of holidays left just lik a blink. Today marks an important day for me as i embark the duty among duties. I am named the head of the family standing in for my dad in his absence. Right now as i am blogging, he is on the way to Mecca doing his pre-pilgrimage also known as Umrah. My family had a proper lunch together which we seldom had before he left. We went to Hajah Maimunah for lunch just before sending my dad off. Well, as i was driving towards the eating place, my dad leave some words that really set me aback.

"In my absence, you will be the head of family and it is your duty to look after and protect the family. Look after mum and your two brothers. Don't stay out late as mum will be alone at home. Look after grandpa and go visit him once in awhile. I'll be away for 10 days and if anything happen to grandpa, you will take charge as all his documents are at home which i will hand to you. Every now and then i will call home. Please take care of the family."

The words waters my sensitive heart but this time around i could hold those tears that are ready to burst. It was a different story in the airport though. As they announce that its time for my dad to be ushered in, i shook my dad hands and utter these 5 words:

"You gotta take care dad....",

my tears starting to accumulate at my eyelid.

"You take care of your mum and take care of my dad.....",

he replied as my tears flow down my cheeks. So did his. We embrace as i hugged him hard. As he entered the gate he looked calm. Do not worry dad.. I will do whatever i can to live up to the daunting task you have left me. I will not disappoint you dad. I wish you good health and hope you enjoy the whole thing. A big shoe for me to fill up but my giant feet will slip just nice. Don't worry...

My dad & me

My parents

20:15 JEDDAH SV825

2 Comments:

Blogger Myzurah87 said...

your mum looks young eh.. n u look so handsome in songkok.. =)

10:13 PM

 
Blogger sha_phat said...

my mum is in her late 40's... and thanks for the songkok compliment.. =)

10:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home