What if the rainbow forbids us from playing its colours........

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Long Post: Leadership

Mood: Battered and Useless
Song: You by Amy Lee

Have juz finished a 3hr nap. Had to have that nap. After an enthrilling and unforgettable walk. Journey: McRitchie to Bukit Timah and distance covered was more than 14km i think. I do not know the exact distance but it was a very long walk. The walk was basically through a jungle. Went to the tree top walk at Bukit Timah, it was the highlight of the walk. Enchanting view of nature at its best. If the walk was correctly followed, we suppose to cover about 12km like that. Yah... my group got split up and lost our way. We eventually end up at Al-Ameen Bukit Timah where the bus need to rescue us out of our misery. My legs were screaming for help, i just can hear it scream.It still is. Amazingly at any point of the walk i feel quite good walking because if not for this chance presented to me, i wouldnt have achieve this kind of feat. Well, to say the least i actually enjoy the walk but it will be more enjoyable if the right path was used.

The nature walk was one of the itenary of the sports camp i attended. Felt a huge relief that the camp is over. The way i handle the camp was poor. I was put to charge since my capt and my vice capt appoint me to lead the team because of their absence. Well, i think they make a huge mistake by doing so. I was very ignorant and weak in my duty as in-charge. I was quite dissapointed with the team charachter and performance towards this camp, but i do not blame them as we were kinda forced to go this camp. Sometimes i wonder how i tolerate such behaviour. But i was more dissapointed on myself. The leadership skill were often seen scarcely performed. As my nature of "being too nice to people", my instructions were always ignored. Maybe i am too easy to take advantage. Seriously i cant seem to tell off people, i find that very hard to do. Furthermore its not nice to be angry at people, i find theres a better way to deal such things. And you wouldnt want me to be angry in front of you all, its ugly i tell you. Very ugly. I seriously think respect is achieve through respect. And if somebody is stubborn enough to not follow instructions, i think they will feel that small portion of guilty conscious. Well i am just being democratic here because i do not attain such qualities such as firm and stern to lead a team. How i wish i am autocratic as a leader but by the nature that i am i wont be. I learn a lot from this camp that its not easy to be charge of a team. I have failed and i feel sorry for the team for getting bad remarks from my charge.

Apart from that i have widened my social circle which i felt was the best thing in this camp. Would I have this camp done differently if i have the chance again? Maybe.. But to be around with friends in the camp, nothing beats that... Rest well people...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home